Switch medication from bupropion to mianserine.
- Gradually reduce dosage of bupropion to a maximum of 150 mg/day.
- When a dosage of 150 mg/day is reached, stop administration.
- A wash-out period of one week is recommended.
- Start mianserine after this wash-out period in a normal dosage of 30-40 mg/day.
- Bupropion and its metabolites have long elimination times, so plasma concentrations will reduce gradually.
- Bupropion slows the metabolism of mianserine by CYP2D6.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.