Switch medication from Clozapine to Sertindole.
- Day 1: Decrease daily dose with 25 mg every 2 days
- Week 1: approx. 25% of target dose
- Week 2: approx. 50% of target dose
- Week 3: approx. 75% of target dose
- Week 4: target dose
- During this switch ECG monitoring is required because of possible QT-interval prolongation
- Clozapine is generally considered to be more effective than other antipsychotic drugs. Clozapine is often used in treatment-resistant schizophrenia (poor treatment response to 2 or more antipsychotic drugs). So a switch from clozapine to another antipsychotic drug could cause problems regarding effectiveness.  
— Clozapine — Sertindole
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.