Switch medication from fluoxetine to moclobemide.
- Before day 1: reduce dosage of fluoxetine with about 20 mg per week.
- Day 1: stop fluoxetine.
- Day 1-28: a wash-out period of four weeks is necessary.
- Day 29: start moclobemide in a normal dosage of 300 mg/day, if necessary increase dose with 25% (up to 50%) of the target dose every 3 days.
- Occurrence of serotonin syndrome is reported when a wash-out period (of four weeks) is not considered.
- The pharmacologically active metabolite desmethylfluoxetine has a half-life of about 1 week.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.