Switch medication from mianserine to hypericum.
- Before day 1: gradually reduce dosage of mianserine to a maximum of 60 mg/day, when this dosage is > 60 mg/day.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of mianserine to 30 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of mianserine.
- Day 8-14: a wash-out period of one week is necessary.
- Day 15: start administration of hypericum in a dosage of 300 mg three times a day (900 mg/day).
- Occurrence of serotonin syndrome is theoretically possible, so caution is necessary.
- ↑ Imai H, Kotegawa T, Tsutsumi K, Morimoto T, Eshima N, Nakano S, Ohashi K. The recovery time-course of CYP3A after induction by St John's wort administration. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2008 May;65(5):701-7.
- ↑ Wurglics M, Schubert-Zsilavecz M. Hypericum perforatum: a 'modern' herbal antidepressant: pharmacokinetics of active ingredients. Clin Pharmacokinet. 2006;45(5):449-68.
- ↑ Derijks HJ, Janknegt R, Heerdink ER, De Koning FH, Krekels MM, Looij BJ, Egberts AC. Influence of antidepressant use on glycemic control in patients with diabetes mellitus: an open-label comparative study. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2009 Aug;29(4):405-8.
- ↑ KNMP; Informatorium Medicamentorum 2009; Monografie "mianserine" (Dutch)
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.