Revision as of 11:59, 1 September 2009 by Mariska
Switch medication from amitriptyline to fluvoxamine.
- Before day 0: gradually reduce dosage of amitriptyline to a maximum of 50 mg/day.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of amitriptyline to 25 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop dosage of amitriptyline.
- Day 8: simultaneously start administration of fluvoxamine in a normal dosage of 50 mg/day.
- Day 15: increase administration of fluvoxamine.
- Occurrence of the serotonin syndrome is not likely, but theoretically possible, so caution is necessary.
- Fluvoxamine is an inhibitor of CYP1A2, CYP2C19 and CYP3A4 (moderate), which metabolize amitriptyline.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.