Revision as of 11:48, 5 June 2009 by Mariska
Switch medication from duloxetine to amitriptyline.
- Day 0: gradually reduce dosage of duloxetine to a maximum of 60 mg/ day, when this dosage is > 60 mg/day.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of duloxetine to a maximum of 30 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of duloxetine.
A wash-out period of one week is necessary.
- Day 8-14: wash-out period.
- Day 15: start administration of amitriptyline in a low dosage of 25 mg/day.
- Start low, go slow for amitriptyline!
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.
- Duloxetine is a moderate inhibitor of CYP2D6, which metabolizes amitriptyline