Revision as of 16:38, 12 March 2015 by Musys
Switch medication from fluoxetine to vortioxetine.
- Before day 1: reduce dosage of fluoxetine to 20 mg/day, when this dosage is > 20 mg/day.
- Day 1: stop administration
- Day 1-21: A wash-out period is needed.
- Day 22: Start vortioxetine in a dosage of 10 mg/day.
- After day 28 : If necessary, increase gradually the dosage of vortioxetine.
- Fluoxetine slows the metabolism of vortioxetine via CYP2D6, so caution is necessary for at least four weeks after stopping fluoxetine.
- Occurrence of the serotonin syndrome is not likely, but theoretically possible, so caution is necessary.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.