Revision as of 13:06, 28 October 2015 by Anoek
Switch medication from fluvoxamine to nortriptyline.
- Before day 1: gradually reduce dosage of fluvoxamine to a maximum of 50 mg/day, when this dosage is > 50 mg/day.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of fluvoxamine further to 25 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of fluvoxamine.
Caution is necessary.
- Day 1: simultaneously start administration of nortriptyline in a low dosage of 25 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of fluvoxamine and continue administration of nortriptyline in a dosage of 50 mg/day.
- Fluvoxamine slows the metabolism of nortriptyline via CYP2D6.
- "Start low, go slow" is not required, but caution is necessary.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.