(Difference between revisions)
|[draft revision]||[checked revision]|
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
| caveat =
| caveat =
Revision as of 14:46, 28 October 2015
Switch medication from nortriptyline to moclobemide.
- Before day 1: gradually reduce dosage of nortriptyline to a maximum of 50 mg/ day, when this dosage is > 50 mg/day.
- Day 1-3: reduce dosage of nortriptyline to 25 mg/day.
- Day 4-7: reduce dosage of nortriptyline to 10 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of nortriptyline.
- Day 8-22: a wash-out period of 2 weeks is necessary.
- Day 23: start administration of moclobemide in a dosage of 150 mg/day.
- Day 28: increase dosage of moclobemide to 300 mg/day.
- Occurrence of the serotonin syndrome is possible without wash-out period.
- This switch is currently being reviewed.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.