Switch medication from paroxetine to imipramine.
- Day -7: reduce dosage of paroxetine to 20 mg/day, if this dosage is > 20 mg/day.
- Day 0: dosage of paroxetine is 20 mg/day.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of paroxetine to 10 mg/day.
- Day 8: reduce dosage of paroxetine to 5 mg/day.
- Day 15: stop administration of paroxetine.
- Day 15: start administration of imipramine in a low dosage of 25 mg/day.
- Day 22: increase administration of imipramine to a dosage of 75 mg/day.
- Paroxetine slows the metabolism of imipramine via CYP1A2 and CYP2D6.
- Occurrence of the serotonin syndrome is not likely, but theoretically possible, so caution is necessary.
- This switch is currently being reviewed.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.