Revision as of 13:24, 26 May 2009 by Mariska
Switch medication from venlafaxine to agomelatine.
- Day 0: gradually reduce dosage of venlafaxine to a maximum of 75 mg/ day.
- Day 1: reduce a dosage of 75 mg/day to 37,5 mg/day.
- Day 1: simultaneously start administration of amitriptyline in a low dosage of 25 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of venlafaxine and continue administration of amitriptyline in a dosage of 50 mg/day.
- “Start low, go slow” for amitriptyline, and caution with this switch is necessary.
- Venlafaxine is a weak inhibitor of CYP2D6, which metabolizes amitriptyline.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.