Difference between revisions of "Venlafaxine-hypericum"
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
| info =
| info =
Revision as of 16:01, 2 November 2015
Switch medication from venlafaxine to hypericum.
- Day 1-14: gradually reduce dosage of venlafaxine to a maximum of 37,5 mg or 75 mg (slow release)/ day.
- Day 15: stop administration of venlafaxine
- Day 15-21: a wash-out period of one week is necessary.
- Day 22: start administration of hypericum.
- Occurrence of the serotonin syndrome is possible without wash-out period.
- Hypericum induces enzymes of the CYP P-450 type and P-gp type.
- Hypericum might have MAO-inhibiting and/or COMT-inhibiting properties.
- Many studies reported that hypericin is the main source of pharmacological effects of hypericum. However the IC50 of hypericin to inhibit MAO A and MAO B is 100- to 1000-fold higher than accessible Cmax values of hypericin after oral administration of hypericum.
- The T1/2 of hypericum is 19 - 37 hour.
- This switch is currently being reviewed.
- Wurglics M, Schubert-Zsilavecz M.Hypericum perforatum: a 'modern' herbal antidepressant: pharmacokinetics of active ingredients. Clin Pharmacokinet. 2006;45(5):449-68.
- KNMP; Informatorium Medicamentorum 2015; Monografie "hypericum" (Dutch)
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.