Switch medication from bupropion to vortioxetine.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of bupropion to 150 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of bupropion.
- Day 8-14: a wash-out period of 1 week is necessary.
- Day 15: start administration of vortioxetine in a normal dosage of 10 mg/day.
- Bupropion and its metabolites have long elimination times (t1/2: 20-37 hours), so plasma concentrations will reduce gradually. Bupropion is an inhibitor of CYP2D6.
- Vortioxetine is recently marketed, so in future more data wille become available (test for VJC 2015)
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.