Revision as of 13:18, 28 July 2009 by Walter
Switch medication from clomipramine to citalopram.
- Before day 0: gradually reduce dosage of clomipramine to a maximum of 50 mg/day.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of clomipramine to 25 mg/day.
- Day 3: reduce dosage of clomipramine to 10 mg/day.
- Day 1: simultaneously start administration of citalopram/escitalopram in a normal dosage of 20 mg/day, resp. 10 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of clomipramine and continue administration of citalopram/escitalopram.
- Occurrence of serotonin syndrome is theoretically possible, so caution is necessary.
- Citalopram/escitalopram are a weak inhibitors of CYP2D6, which metabolizes clomipramine.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.