Revision as of 16:46, 4 March 2015 by Roland
Switch medication from fluoxetine to vortioxetine.
- Before day 1: gradually reduce dosage of escitalopram to a maximum of 10 mg/day, when this dosage is > 10 mg/day.
- Day 1: when a dosage of 10 mg/day is reached, stop administration
- A wash-out period is not necessary, but care is needed.
- Day 1: start administration of vortioxetine in a dosage of 10 mg/day.
- Fluoxetine is a strong inhibitor of CYP2D6, which metabolizes vortioxetine.
- Occurrence of serotonin syndrome is theoretically possible, so caution is necessary.
- Patients could be directly switched from a SSRI or a SNRI to vortioxetine 10 mg/day. One week after initiation with vortioxetine, the dosage could be increased from 10 mg/day to 20 mg/day.
- Montgomery SA et al. A randomised, double-blind study in adults with major depressive disorder with an inadequate response to a single course of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor or serotonin-noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor treatment switched to vortioxetine or agomelatine. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2014 Sep;29(5):470-82.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.