Revision as of 10:51, 6 May 2011 by Walter
Switch medication from Risperidone to Paliperidone_LA
- stop risperidone and administer paliperidone-LA according to the dosing scheme of the SPC. No loading dose is needed!.
- stop risperidone and administer paliperidone-LA according to the dosing scheme of the SPC. No loading dose is needed!
- During this switch you could monitor ECG, especially in patients prone to QT-conduction problems.
- There is a possibility of QT interval prolongation.
- Alternatively, first switch to oral form and then switch to depot to manage possible (adverse) reactions. With a direct switch to a depot it is advisable to administer a low testdose in order to exclude adverse reactions.
- KNMP; Informatorium Medicamentorum 2015; Monografie "risperidon" (Dutch)
- Woods SW; Chlorpromazine equivalent doses for the newer atypical antipsychotics J Clin Psychiatry 2003;64:663-667
- The Lundbeck Institute; Psychotropics; Terminal Plasma Half-lives
- Stöllberger C, Huber JO, Finsterer J, Antipsychotic drugs and QT prolongation. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 2005 Sep;20(5):243-51.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.
- stop risperidone and administer paliperidone-LA according to the dosing scheme of the SPC. No loading dose is needed!]]