Switch medication from sertraline to dosulepine.
- Before day 1: Gradually reduce dosage of sertraline to a maximum of 50 mg/ day, when this dosage is > 50 mg/day.
- Day 1: Reduce dosage of sertraline to a dosage of 25 mg/ day
- Day 8: Stop administration of sertraline
Caution is necessary.
- Day 1: simultaneously start administration of dosulepine in a low dosage of 50 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of sertraline and only continue administration of dosulepine in a dosage of 50-75 mg/day.
- "Start low, go slow" is not required, but caution is necessary.
- Sertraline dose-dependently slows the metabolism of dosulepine via CYP2D6.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.