Switch medication from Rest AP to Sulpiride.
- Day 1-4: approx. 75% of initial dose
- Day 5-8: approx. 50% of initial dose
- Day 9-12: approx. 25% of initial dose
- Day 13: stop
- Day 1-4: approx. 25% of target dose
- Day 5-8: approx. 50% of target dose
- Day 9-12: approx. 75% of target dose
- Day 13: target dose
- During this switch you could monitor ECG, especially in patients prone to QT-conduction problems.
- There is a possibility of QT interval prolongation.
- Stöllberger C, Huber JO, Finsterer J, Antipsychotic drugs and QT prolongation. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 2005 Sep;20(5):243-51.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.