Paliperidone ER-Partial agonist
* This switch is intended for paliperidone long acting (Xeplion®, 30 days)
There are 3 different formulations of paliperidone extended release
Xeplion® = Paliperidone long acting / 30 days
Trivecta® = Paliperidone super long acting / 90 days
Byannli® = Paliperidone ultra long acting / 178 days
Switch medication from Paliperidone ER to Partial agonist.
Partial agonist is a collection of antipsychotic drugs having similar properties with respect to switching. A switch to member of the 'partial agonist' group from anotherdrug should be read as partial agonist-anotherdrug. Similarly, a switch from a member of the 'partial agonist' group to anotherdrug should be read as anotherdrug-partial agonist.
- Day 1: Last depot injection
- Start drug at target dose on the day you would normally have injected the next depot.
- During this switch you could monitor ECG, especially in patients prone to QT-conduction problems.
- There is a possibility of QT interval prolongation.
- Switches are based on literature references on this page and expert opinions of the authors. The authors have used pharmacokinetic and receptor affinity properties to determine the switch schedules
- Stahl, S. M. (2013). Stahl's essential psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific basis and practical applications (4th ed.). Cambridge University Press.
- Stöllberger C, Huber JO, Finsterer J, Antipsychotic drugs and QT prolongation. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 2005 Sep;20(5):243-51.