Revision as of 15:12, 28 October 2015 by Anoek
Switch medication from paroxetine to maprotiline.
- Before day 1: gradually reduce dosage of paroxetine to a maximum of 20 mg/day when this dosage is > 20 mg/day.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of paroxetine to a maximum of 10 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of paroxetine.
Caution is necessary.
- Day 9: start administration of maprotiline in a low dosage of 25 mg/day.
- Day 16: increase administration of maprotiline to a dosage of 50-100 mg/day.
- "Start low, go slow" is not required, but caution is necessary!
- Paroxetine slows the metabolism of maprotiline via CYP1A2 and CYP2D6.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.