Switch medication from sertraline to vortioxetine.
- Before day 1: gradually reduce dosage of sertraline to a maximum of 15 mg/day, when this dosage is > 50 mg/day.
- Day 1: when a dosage of 50 mg/day is reached, stop administration
- A wash-out period is not necessary.
- Day 1: start administration of vortioxetine in a dosage of 10 mg/day.
- Occurrence of serotonin syndrome is theoretically possible, so caution is necessary.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.