Switch medication from tranylcypromine to vortioxetine.
- Day 1-14: decrease the original dose with about 25% every 3 days.
- A wash-out period of two weeks is necessary.
- Day 28: start administration of vortioxetine in a normal dosage of 10 mg/day. 
- Occurrence of the serotonin syndrome is possible without a wash-out period.
- After the last dose of tranylcypromine it takes about 14 days to restore the activity of the MAO enzymes
- ↑ KNMP; Informatorium Medicamentorum 2015; Monografie "tranylcypromine" (Dutch)
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.