Switch medication from vortioxetine to bupropion.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of vortioxetine to 5 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of vortioxetine.
- Day 9: start administration of bupropion in a dosage of 150 mg/day.
- Bupropion is a strong inhibitor of CYP2D6, which metabolizes vortioxetine. Combination of vortioxetine and bupropion can lead to adverse effects of vortioxetine.
- Vortioxetine has a biological half-life of 66 hours. Reduction to the lowest effective dose of vortioxetine probably prevents adverse effects of vortioxetine due to lower blood levels of vortioxetine. After 1 week at 5 mg vortioxetine, interaction with bupropion will not be dangerous.  
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.