Difference between revisions of "Vortioxetine-fluoxetine"
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
| info =
| info =
* Fluoxetine is a strong inhibitor of CYP2D6, which metabolizes vortioxetine. }}
* Fluoxetine is a strong inhibitor of CYP2D6, which metabolizes vortioxetine.
Latest revision as of 15:05, 4 November 2015
Switch medication from vortioxetine to fluoxetine.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of vortioxetine to 5 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of vortioxetine.
- A wash-out period of 2 weeks is necessary, because of CYP2D6-inhibition.
- Day 23: start administration of fluoxetine in a normal dosage of 20 mg/day.
- Occurrence of the serotonin syndrome is not likely, but theoretically possible, so caution is necessary.
- Fluoxetine is a strong inhibitor of CYP2D6, which metabolizes vortioxetine.
- Katona et al. New generation multi-modal antidepressants: focus on vortioxetine for major depressive disorder. 2014 2014 Feb 19;10:349-54
- KNMP; Informatorium Medicamentorum 2015; Monografie "vortioxetine" (Dutch)
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.