Switch medication from vortioxetine to fluoxetine.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of vortioxetine to 5 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of vortioxetine.
- A wash-out period of 2 weeks is necessary, because of CYP2D6-inhibition.
- Day 22: start administration of fluoxetine in a normal dosage of 20 mg/day.
- Day 22: bloodlevel vortioxetine is now zero, so you can increase faster.
- Occurrence of serotonin syndrome is theoretically possible, so caution is necessary.
- Fluoxetine is a strong inhibitor of CYP2D6, which metabolizes vortioxetine.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.