Switch medication from mianserine to sertraline.
- Before day 1: gradually reduce dosage of mianserine to a maximum of 60 mg/ day.
- Day 1: reduce a dosage of 60 mg/day to 30 mg/day.
- Day 1: simultaneously start sertraline in a normal dosage of 50 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of mianserine and only continue administration of sertraline.
- If necessary, increase the dosage of sertraline.
- Caution with this switch is necessary, because sertraline dose-dependently slows the metabolism of mianserine via CYP2D6.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.