Switch medication from moclobemide to tranylcypromine.
- Decrease with about 25% of original dose every 3 days
- Stop and wait for about 24 hour as a washout period
- Start tranylcypromine in a low dosage of 20 mg/day for one week.
- After this week the dosage of tranylcypromine can be increased.
- Because of short halve life of moclobemide after stopping, the next antidepressant can start next day.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.