Switch medication from venlafaxine to fluoxetine.
- Gradually reduce dosage of venlafaxine to a maximum of 37,5 mg or 75 mg (slow release)/day.
- When a dosage of 37,5 mg or 75 mg (slow release)/day is reached, stop administration.
- No wash-out period is needed.
- Start fluoxetine the next day in a normal dosage of 20 mg/day.
- This switch is currently being reviewed.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.