Switch medication from agomelatine to fluvoxamine.
- Day 1: Stop agomelatine.
- Agomelatine can be stopped abruptly for every dosage.
- Day 2: Start administration of fluvoxamine the next day in a normal dosage of 50 mg/day.
- After 3 weeks: If necessary, increase dosage of fluvoxamine gradually to 100-300 mg/day
- Fluvoxamine stops the metabolism of agomelatine via CYP1A2 and CYP2C9.
- Pharmacokinetic interaction is not important because of low plasma levels.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.