Switch medication from bupropion to fluvoxamine.
- Before day 1: Gradually reduce dosage of bupropion to a maximum of 150 mg/ day.
- Day 1: Stop administration of bupropion
- Day 2: Start fluvoxamine in normal dosage of 50 mg/day.
- After 3 weeks: If necessary increase dosage gradually to 100-300 mg/day
- No wash-out period is needed.
- Bupropion and its metabolites have long elimination times, so plasma concentrations will reduce gradually.
- Pharmacokinetic interaction is not important because of low plasma levels.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.