Switch medication from clomipramine to dosulepine. 
- Decrease with about 25% of the original dose per 3 days.
- No wash-out period is needed.
- Increase with about 25% of target dose per 3 days.
- Both drugs are a TCA with anticholinergic properties, so a switch to a relatively high starting dose can be made.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 KNMP; Informatorium Medicamentorum 2015; Monografie "dosulepine" (Dutch)
- ↑ NVZA; Toxicology.org; Monografie 63 (dutch)
- ↑ Switches are based on literature references on this page and expert opinions of the authors. The authors have used pharmacokinetic and receptor affinity properties to determine the switch schedules
- ↑ Stahl, S. M. (2013). Stahl's essential psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific basis and practical applications (4th ed.). Cambridge University Press.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.