Adding olanzapine to carbamazepine.
- Carbamazepine is principally metabolized by CYP3A4, and is a potent inducer of CYP1A2, CYP2C9, CYP3A4 and UDP-glucuronosyltransferases.
- Olanzapine is principally metabolized by CYP1A2 and CYP2D6.
- Carbamazepine can reduce olanzapine serum concentration, possible below therapeutic range. 
- Add olanzapine according to the general dosing advice and increase dose based on clinical effect or serum concentration. 
- WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Statistics Methodology ATC=N03AF01
- Farmacotherapeutisch Kompas; Toxicologie (dutch)
Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "ftktox" defined multiple times with different content
- Farmacotherapeutisch Kompas - carbamazepine (dutch)
- KNMP; Informatorium Medicamentorum 2015; Monografie "carbamazepine" (Dutch)
Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "informatorium" defined multiple times with different content
- Woods SW Chlorpromazine equivalent doses for the newer atypical antipsychotics; J Clin Psychiatry 2003;64:663-667
- Lucas RA et al. A pharmacokinetic interaction between carbamazepine and olanzapine: observations on possible mechanism. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1998;54:639-43
- Interactions between carbamazepine and olanzapine on drugs.com
- Schalekamp T. et al, Interacties met Psychofarmaca, Stichting Health Base, Houten, 2002.
- Bazire S, Psychotropic Drug Directory 2007, HealthComm UK Limited, Aberdeen, 2007.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.