Adding carbamazepine to gabapentin.
- Gabapentin is eliminated unchanged by the kidney for 100%.
- Carbamazepine is principally metabolized by CYP3A4, and is a potent inducer of CYP1A2, CYP2C9, CYP3A4 and UDP-glucuronosyltransferases.
- Start carbamazepine according to the general dosing advice.Coadministration of carbamazepine with gabapentin appears to be safe, with no significant interactions. Dose adjustments and additional blood level monitoring are not necessary.
- Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects. 
- Farmacotherapeutisch Kompas - gabapentine (dutch)
Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "ftk" defined multiple times with different content
- WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Statistics Methodology ATC=N03AF01
- Farmacotherapeutisch Kompas; Toxicologie (dutch)
- KNMP; Informatorium Medicamentorum 2015; Monografie "carbamazepine" (Dutch)
- Freeman et al. Mood stabilizer Combinations: A Review of Safety and Efficacy. Am J Psychiatry 1998;155:12-21
- Interactions between carbamazepine and gabapentine on drugs.com
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.