Adding risperidone to aripiprazole.
- Aripiprazole is metabolized by CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 to an active metabolite.
- Risperidone is principally metabolized by CYP2D6 to an active metabolite 9-OH-risperidone (paliperidone).
- The combination of these 2 antipsychotics seems to be irrational from a pharmacotherapeutical point of view.
- Agents with anticholinergic properties may have additive effects when used in combination.
- KNMP; Informatorium Medicamentorum 2015; Monografie "risperidon" (Dutch)
- Woods SW; Chlorpromazine equivalent doses for the newer atypical antipsychotics J Clin Psychiatry 2003;64:663-667
- The Lundbeck Institute; Psychotropics; Terminal Plasma Half-lives
- Interactions between risperidone and aripiprazole on drugs.com
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.