Switch medication from paroxetine to bupropion.
- Day -7: reduce dosage of paroxetine to 20 mg/day, if this dosage is > 20 mg/day.
- Day 0: dosage of paroxetine is 20 mg/day.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of paroxetine to 10 mg/day.
- Day 8: reduce dosage of paroxetine to 5 mg/day.
- Day 15: stop administration of paroxetine.
- Day 16: start bupropion is a normal dosage of 150 mg/day.
- Day 31: if necessary increase bupropion to 300 mg/day.
- An extra reduction week to paroxetine 2,5 mg/day sometimes is necessary.
- Low doses of paroxetine can be given by a paroxetine-solution.
- The reduction of the SSRI doses in 7-14 days could cause emotional instability, headache and flu-like symptoms. One could extend this period.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.