Switch medication from vortioxetine to amitriptyline.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of vortioxetine to 5 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of vortioxetine.
- No wash-out period is needed.
- Day 9: start administration of amitriptyline in a dosage of 25 mg/day.
- Day 16: continue administration of amitriptyline in a dosage of 50 mg/day.
- Day 22: bloodlevel vortioxetine is now zero, so you can increase faster.  
- Occurrence of the serotonin syndrome is not likely, but theoretically possible, so caution is necessary.
- Katona et al. New generation multi-modal antidepressants: focus on vortioxetine for major depressive disorder. 2014 2014 Feb 19;10:349-54
- KNMP; Informatorium Medicamentorum 2015; Monografie "vortioxetine" (Dutch)
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.